Saturday 21 April 2012

Thought from sentosa

After a somewhat disappointing day weatherwise yesterday, me and Liv are getting all the sun and heat we could ever wish for and more today. We will spend the rest of the day on the island to head back to mainland Singapore to sign the apartment lease tonight. I am very excited to hopefully get to see the apartment again today, I should be getting the keys next weekend already! We have had a very nice and efficient estate agent named Sean in this deal, sadly he does not seem to be completely representative for his trade!

Since we arrived three weeks ago we have been staying in a short term flat, so far so good, I have no complaints about the place. The agent who set us up though, that's a whole different story! Me and Kieran have already had to show the apartment once to prospective tennants, as the agent turned up late. Last night she texted me at 22.30 to see if she could show the apartment this morning, she clearly lacks what we would call 'framförhållning'. I explained that we are not in Singapore and that tomorrow night would not work either as me and Liv have an event after work. Her solution? It must happen today or tomorrow as she will be out of the country after Monday. You can of course see how that is my, her paying client's, problem! Anyways, I told her that she could pass by during the day on monday but we would need a specific time as Liv would not be overly keen on spending one of her precious holidays waiting for an agent... I even felt obliged to tell her that my friend will not show the apartment, only open the door as she does not speak english (the wimpy Swedish way to say 'Liv is not getting paid to do your job, so please turn up!). She then asked for liv's contact number. I really don't see why she would have to call her so I simply asked her to just show up on time - again! In the end she decided she would turn up at 22.00 tonight and I keep thinking that there must be an easier way to deal with a short term let!

Anyways, enough complaining, life is not that bad ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment