Friday 6 April 2012

Day 5

"Better to leave your door unlocked, than leaving your cooker on"...quote of the day and something the wife said on Wednesday morning as we were heading off to her exam. What it is meant to mean is that you tend to feel extremely safe here in Singapore and that you seem to be more of a danger to yourself than others would be. It is indeed a very comforting feeling to have, something I hope we do not come to regret...which obvisouly doesn't mean that we will be keeping our front door wide open, but you get my drift!

So this day was all about Elli kick starting the 1st of 3 exams.

Here the beautiful wife is just about to head into her first exam
So whilst I was waiting for Elli to finish, I decided to pop into one of my all-time favourite places to wait on her...I know it's wrong, but it's ooooh so good...

I will let you guess where this is...one free one for whoever guesses right and comes over obviously!
So with Elli coming out after only 25 minutes of an hour exam (her skills being in completing exams and tasks quickly and efficiently), it took her the same amount of time to find the Starbucks just around the corner...and when I mean just around the corner I mean, you get out of the lift, turn right and 20m further you find it. To her own admission, orientation isn't one of her strong suits... luckily she now has a phone that can track where she is and where she is going! She is safe people, safe I tell you...

So having finally met up again, it was the time to go and visit Elli's new office, slap-bang in the centre of the business-district. You would imagine it to be a built-up grey slab of buildings, yet it is Singapore...so what else could you expect than this view from right outside of her office.

Not too shabby for a CBD
Naturally we had the great pleasure of meeting Elli's delightful colleagues, who have been busy doing all that is possible to make the wife's transition and move over seamless. Thank you from us! As well as that they had lined up a few events for the next week as well, so we will be busy enough over the coming week.

Most importantly though, we were given some great advice from Elli's Irish colleague, who informed us that you didn't have to use an agent and that it was simply a waste of money to do so, as you could contact the owner's agent directly and save a month's rent!! So off we went back home and looked for what we were after on the internet and set up about 7 appointment over the next 3 days, while the wife was hitting the books, preparing for two exams the next day. I was quite proud of myself, even thinking to myself that this could well be a new business venture to consider in the future...;-)

The day ended with us going to visit a couple of apartments, which were more to our liking, but not yet THE one... The search continues...

1 comment:

  1. We're so proud of you! And may I add (even though I know how it may render comments from you Kieran, since it's coming from me) that the dress Elli is wearing is lovely! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete