Saturday 21 April 2012

Post about posts

I have heard some grumblings among the fan base of this blog that it has become too lovey-dovy, too sappy! Well you will be glad to hear that I had a very manly evening last night, which didn't really involve any women (I will explain) and certainly no loving (again this will become clear to you).

Rather than think about love, I spent the day thinking about hate, about war... All that is manly really... Ggrrr!! Why oh why I hear you shout, well very simply because I had to prepare lessons on the causes of WWII ( that's World War 2 for those that do not know of the abbreviation). So rather than thinking about a lovely woman on the beach somewhere in South East Asia, I found myself thinking about a slight, angry little man with a funny looking moustache! Loving I ask you? I think not young comrade!

There, step one completed, no sappy love story! Step 2, or 1.5 first. Having spent the morning filling my head with such things as the remilitarisation of the Rhineland (look it up) I needed a break and my good friend The Hairy Canary would provide just that. Had a great chat with Simon and the now infamous Stephen ( the bar man that is), which invigorated me and gave me the energy to finish my lesson plan!

All the while I was in contact with yet more men ( starting to sound a wee-bit gay? We haven't hit the climax yet people...). This time it was Brambo, the man they have named the famous race the Bramathon after... What is a Bramathon I hear you say? Well in Ancient Greece it is said that having to make love with Bram took so long, because his weapon is 42.195 kilometres long that they named a famous Olympic Event after him... You just can't make this stuff up people...

Oh yeah, back to the phone call! So together with Bram and our good friends Kev&Björn we were due to have dinner that night! So far a lot of men in this story and as you can read, no women, but step forward the one woman that we would allow at our table... Mother of mine! So dinner organised, I spent the rest of the afternoon buried in the books.

Come 7 o'clock I walked over to the Hairy, for the second time that day with my mother's partner Marc where we were due to meet His Bramness and the mother in question. So a drink or two later off we go to Kev & Björn's place for what turned out to be an excellent meal... Probably the best schnitzel ever, or at least in a long time! Check out the pictures hereunder. Thank you my gay friends, you have been very supportive since I have come back. I state gay here (and I hope they will forgive me) simply to make the point there was no loving involved! Well, the closest it came to loving was myself and Malcolm (Kev & Björn's live-in friend) grabbing each other indecently. Step 2 completed!

Last stop of the roadshow was, yep you guessed it, The Hairy! My good friends JVP and Yann were there and I spent the rest of the evening having a drink and a chat with them. The most controversial point was Yann and his beard growth! JVP and I agreed that it just isn't his thing... Shave it off mate! Actually let's put this to a vote. I will set one up in a minute, in the meantime check out the picture.

My wife and her guest will no doubt have had a lot more interesting day... Watch out for that post later on...

The ever-smiling face of Yann...but what about the beard?
Kevin's preparations...niiiiiiiiiiice
Awesome food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment