Thursday 12 April 2012

Day 13

Writing a blog isn't as easy as you would think. You constantly have to come up with new material. It's a bit like being an artist, if you have an over-inflated ego and allures of grandeur that is, something this blogger obviously doesn't suffer from! When it comes to telling you what we have been up to during the day, it has come to a point where it is harder to come up with something new, it would just be inventing then wouldn't it... Some would call that routine, which is not a bad thing.

So there I was yet again sat in Starbucks, where else? Right Clooney! Still busy pretending to read, well I actually did do some, but always looking for ways to get out of it. It's funny because I am supposed to be a mature student, but it astounds me how at times I am still so immature about the whole studying thing. Fact is, I was never a bad student, but nor did I ever really like studying. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast back in college (Dublin and Rotterdam) and spent enough time on the piss, but it's all different now. So why would I have gone back to college you would ask? Good question and something I still do not have the answer to. The obvious reason is to become a qualified teacher, but it is very different from when I went to college back in Ireland. Things have changed. I am happily married, should know what I would like to do an yet still confused about it all.

Is it a generation thing? Do we have too many choices that it eventually leads us to choosing for nothing in particular? Our parents come from a generation where you started working in one job and usually spent 20 odd years doing the same thing. But I don't want that! Is it so wrong to want a bit of variation in life? The problem there lies in the fact that when a recruiter picks up your CV, he sees you as a bit of a loose-cannon who either can't hold onto a job or just isn't happy in what he does, meaning 'not hired'.

Am starting to think Starbucks coffee must have some philosophical qualities or powers to it, because I have just ranted on for a good three paragraphs and said nothing of the wife yet...how selfish of me...

So the wife went to work. There, that's that.

On a more serious note, yet again the wife had to go into work, which I guess is how we can pay the bills! Easy for me to sit here writing about the meaning of life, whilst the rest of the world is slaving away trying to make a living for themselves. Side note, I am on holidays!

Let's jazz this up a little. Here is a little tune that should put a smile on your faces.


The original track is called Trek by Spencer & Antfood if anyone is interested.

So the highlight of the day, apart form the blueberry muffin was the wife coming home. It always is this early in the marriage I hear the older folk say...but truly am delighted every time I see the wife.

It was a long day, yet again for the wife and we met up in the supermarket for some shopping. So off home we went and as a good husband I made some food for the exhausted wife... Step forward Bolognese!


So after that extra special and immensely difficult-to-cook-dish, what a better way than to finish off the evening than by eating Elli's cake, which we hadn't yet been able to do. Admire the art...


Friday promises to be more exciting! Bonne nuit and sov gott!

No comments:

Post a Comment