Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 15

Well I am sitting here writing one of my last posts after my temporary mission here in Singapore and will be handing over the reigns of the Singapore leg of this blog to the wife in the next couple of days. She will have our very first visitor coming over...and so far 4 people/groups have booked! Good work people and we are very much looking forward to having you all over. We are in no doubt that you will absolutely love it and my bets are that Dr. Dre will be the first one to move in soon after...

Jokes aside, we are really enjoying ourselves here and I am so looking forward to coming back after a short step-over back in Belgium. So what did we get up to in sunny Singapore this weekend whilst it is still snowing in the north of Sweden and I hear that the weather isn't much better in Belgium.

Well Saturday was kicked-off with us looking for some garden furniture. Ironically we do not have a garden or more precisely will not have one in the other apartment, but when you have an 8m² of terrace, what else are you going to do? Harberfront was the destination and Harberfront is where we went and found a seemingly good deal. However, as skeptical newcomers we 'needed' to compare prices. This though would not be done in the same shopping centre but a totally different part of the island. So off we trekked again, halfway across the island to confirm that we had indeed found a good deal. And what happened next? Well I have to go and buy it tomorrow, so no excitement there then...

An empty MRT on the way to Dempsey Hill...where we were due to compare prices

The nice back drop of Dempsey Hill

The beautiful wife leaving Dempsey Hill
So having done the necessary shopping we headed for the centre of town, where I was due to meet someone on my search for work! But first a coffee boost! All that walking slows you down...


Energy boost shoveled down our throats I headed off to my meeting...as it happened it was yet again at a Starbucks. Will be looking for them to sponsor me when I come back to Singapore...surely...I spend more time there than at home. Long story short, it was a great meeting and met someone really interesting, and well who knows...watch this space I guess...

Saturday ended with us going out with two of Elli's colleagues,  Martin & Martin...sounds like an act, but as it happens they both have someone...female that is, in case I created any confusion there. Great meeting Martin number 2...as number 1 is already well known. Great evening and Martin two does love an enormous amount of food and brought us to a great microbrewery...

That's a lot of beer and we had 4 of those

Too much food?
After too much spicy food, the effects of which we felt the next day, we headed home for an early night, considering it was Saturday.




No comments:

Post a Comment