Wednesday 11 April 2012

Day 12

Well what can we say about day 12? Since Elli is working at the moment, it is difficult for me to know what exactly is going on there, but rest assured, she is super hard working and no doubt doing very well! So at the moment you will have to deal with an update of a man on holidays, that should really be doing a bit more studying...but is struggling with that idea!

Why am I struggling with is, well because despite the fact that before I left for Singapore, I was quite happy knowing that I would be going back to Belgium, so that I could take my time to say goodbye to my friends and family. Now don't get me wrong, because I miss all of you terribly, but we are having such a blast here and I am struggling with the idea of not seeing my beloved and brave wife for two months...

Anyway, after that sob story, back to business. Starbucks, was yet again the star of the show! I went there to do some studying, reading up about the Romans, which is always a lot of fun...to me.

My local Starbucks...there is literally one every 5 minutes walking

The view from the Starbucks

Another angle
So fast-forward....having spent most of the day reading and on the internet, I picked up some late lunch and headed home. I was told by the wife to be at her office at 18:00 in suit!

Suited-up (yep Barney Stinson) I headed into the CBD to find my wife and her colleagues waiting to head to a networking cocktail.

The team

The bars by the quay, at the bottom of the wife's building...
 Must say the networking event was great. We had some great conversations and the biggest difference with Brussels is that it seems so much more laid-back. People don't seem to take themselves so seriously here and on't bore you to death with details of their business. You can talk about business, but you soon get talking about everything-and-nothing. All in all great evening, especially because there was free beer and food... nice.

After yet a long day for the wife, we headed home from Clarke Quay, the place to go out in Singapore. But not before a few snaps!

Inside the bar centre...?


Views from outside

Baldie with the same background

Two random, drunk Irish boys wanting us to take a picture...there you go gentlemen...

No comments:

Post a Comment