Friday 13 April 2012

Day 14

We had promised that Friday would be more interesting and entertaining and it was! Just imagine Elli sitting at her desk and me at mine...


Having spent a good 4 hours in Starbucks and having had god-knows how many coffee's it was time to head off back home and get ready for the night to come. First step, find footwear for the evening...

Might not fit...either way I have a pink pair at home generously donated by my friends...
So off we go back to the casa to pull on some pants and a shirt...you have to look presentable, but not always easy in this heat. One of Elli's colleagues has been here for a while and still sweats profusely... something to get used to I guess. It beats having your eye-lids frozen to your skin in -30 degree Sweden!

Tonight's activities were to take place on the little island of Sentosa, just south of Singapore. Can I just say, WHAT A PLACE? Elli and her colleagues spent the afternoon there at a seminar and had some drinks afterwards and yet again kindly invited me to join...

On the way...

View from the Sentosa Express train (takes 5 minutes)

The island and it's views

The final outpost of the island

My final destination...nice!
Great time with drinks by the waterfront, though it wasn't easy to get there. If there is one criticism I would have of Singapore, which is simply amazing, is that taxi drivers never have a clue of where they are going. I usually have to end up using my sense of direction or the iPhone to direct them...

Before I leave you, I wanted to give you a little nudge n the direction of a hilarious website and accompanying video. The website is: http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ and here is the video. Enjoy...




No comments:

Post a Comment