Sunday 22 April 2012

A little less conversation, a little more action

So whilst the wife is swanning off and enjoying a near-holidayesque life, I am 'stuck' here in Belgium. But let me stop you in your tracks straight away. The first sentence might well be deceiving. Though I know I like to go on about Singapore, having no doubt bored half of my friends here already after only 5 days back, let's get the record straight!

I do love Belgium. There I said it. But not so much the country as the people that are there. Over the last few days I ave introduced you to the magical food of Kevin and talked about my mother and her undoubted talents in the kitchen as well, but I haven't yet talked about what else makes it so special here.

The realisation came yesterday and was fortified by the experiences today. What happened? Nothing dramatic, just another day in the office so to speak! Just another match with FC Irlande. But yestreday, for the first time I started feeling that my FC Irlande career was slowly coming to a close... It was my second to last match and I can say that I have loved the past 12 years that I have been associated with the club. Thank you all very much and I am dreading my last match next weekend! No doubt I will enjoy it, but I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to something that has played a very big part of my life here in Brussels. I could go on and mention everyone that has made it special, but then I would be swinging back to the 'aul emotional and soppy stories...and we don't want that know do we! Suffice to say that it is a legendary club and I feel honoured to have been part of it! 

To celebrate this second to last game I went out for a few drinks with some of the usual suspects...as seen below (notice Yann has shaved the beard off, after an overwhelming vote of 'disconfidence' as proven by the poll...).

Today was another day and another such experiences which reminded me of why Brussels has always been so dear to me...Step forward La Famiglia Demnert! Though they are more closely related to Elli, the wife who used to be their au paire, they have accepted me as part of theirs! Yet again they were so kind as to invite me (I was going to say us, but...well...ye know) over for breakfast and I was all to keen to join...

I have been told to mention that the pancakes, juice, strawberry tarts and coffee were all freshly handmade... It's not real until it's in the blog! No doubt Papa Gunnar went to slaughter the poor big that served as bacon and spent the morning slaving over the stove to prepare the chocolate paste that reminded me a lot of a famous brand...but I put my trust in him....he is a man of many talents, supported by a woman with even more (sound familiar....well it shouldn't!). 

In all honesty, they are amazing and some of the people both the wife and I will miss immensely. Enough of that again, before I get complaints! So off we went to the park and had a bit of fun...check out the pictures here below! Great weekend and thank you all...

Over to you wife...and Liv...

The boys hanging...
Well, beer.
A girl hanging...


Some strange man looking up at us...

One angel...


Another one hanging...

Even the adults were at it...well adults in body only...

Slightly to small?

No comments:

Post a Comment