Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 16

This day was all about football, as it often tends to be with me. But I have an amazing and very patient wife. Somehow I had managed to sign myself up for not one, but two football matches on Sunday and this in 35 degree heat! Don't know what I was thinking. So the plan was, wake up, baldy makes breakfast while brave-y does a little cleaning. By 09:45 we were out of the door and the wife had the great idea of taking a taxi. Without her bright thinking we would have turned up late...so not just amazing and patient, but intelligent as well should be added to an ever-growing list of superlatives that has be showered on the wife!

So match 1 was with the Gaelic lads...and here's me in a brand-new, over-sized kit. Match was won 2-0 with that handsome young man in the picture scoring on his debut!

Yours truly before the debut-goal

A spot of lunch before match number 2
So playing two matches in one day is not only logistically a bad idea, but as I am writing I am aching everywhere...then again it might well be the age catching up on me. So game won and enjoyed, fueled-up with some food, off we headed for the next match, which happened to be on the exact opposite end of the island...again, not ideal, but lesson learned...

The wife enjoying her second match of the day...euh, well at least she got some nice colour on her legs

Sweatiest back ever? Well the heat was unreal...

Arty picture of a man preparing for a football match
Football finished, with a 2-2 draw in the second match, off we headed back home. But not before Elli could take a couple of snaps of some amazing cakes... You find some great ones in Singapore.


In having played a match on the East Coast and the the West Coast, we managed to take the wrong MRT back home, well it still got us there but with a slight detour and so we managed to somehow cover nearly the whole island in one day...without having done any sightseeing...

The red line indicates the distance traveled today...


A quiet night was needed after a long and very tiring day...so here I am writing to you at close to 01:30 AM... no need to thank me...I know the fans need their daily fix... Funny things is that we have been here now for two weeks and have't really gotten much colour...EXCEPT for today...I was left red-faced...literally...

At first it was a shock...

Then comprehension kicked in...should have put in factor 50 earlier...
Good night to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment