Tuesday 1 May 2012

Busy little bee...

So it seems people do still have an interest in my life and what is going on in this part of the world. Back after popular demand, Monsieur De Groote! I trust it my wife has a much more exciting life than I do at the minute, but I must keep the fans entertained...

The saying goes "time flies when you are having fun", but they (well I don't really know who they are, but ye know... the people that invent sayings and stuff...the sayingers??) might have to check their facts, as it seems that time flies twice as quickly when you are busy...or is it just that it happens when you get old?

Anyway, enough bla bla...what have I been up to? Seems like all eyes are on me...and let me disappoint you straight away. Take the suspense out of it, because honestly it has been work, work and work...but no housework...(check out the pile of dishes below).

Having been thrown in the deep end since I have come back from my new home in South East Asia, I have been giving classes and following a few, whilst trying to organise myself and sort out a few interviews for when I shoot back over to visit the wife...

The weekend was fun though! Well I say fun, but should probably say LEGENDARY!!! How did it all kick-off? Where else...? No not Starbucks, but Le Hairy Canary with Bramdingo... A few drinks and dinner later I headed off home to get a good night sleep before my emotional farewell match for FC Irlande.

What a club! I have officially been part of the club for 12 years and I have enjoyed every single minute of it. From a young sprinter, with hair I might add, to an old Jason Statham (even though I say it myself) look-a-like the years have flown by. I guess the 'sayingers' might be right after all! With kick-off at 14:00 and the meeting point at 13:00, my aim was to arrive early for the first time in a decade, but alas my timing as many of you know hasn't always been the best...and I arrived at 13:10. Let me keep this short. A great match against one of our biggest rivals was won 4-1, with yours truly not only scoring with a famous salmon-leap goal from a corner (my firs this season) but also taking the man of the match plaudits! All in all a great way to close this chapter of a memorable footballing career with FC Irlande (for now, I might add...you never know what can happen in the future...). It was all rounded off with a BBQ provided by FC Irlande and a few drinks, whilst enjoying a couple of photo snaps with the trophy we had won last year. Merci beaucoup FC Irlande, et a bientot! No names need to be mentioned here, as it might end up as long as an Oscar winning speech, but everyone who has played a part in the memorable decade-plus in FC Irlande is being thanked for their support and above all the fun we have had!

Saturday was rounded off with a celebration at Sigve's house for his birthday, after which we turned our attentions to the over-priced aLoft hotel... Great night, too much to drink and awesome dancing!

Suffering from a slight hangover and sleep deprivation I was expected at the now weekly breakfast club at the Demnert's. As always very welcoming and fresh food, pancakes and the whole shebang! I expected nothing less... 

All in all a great weekend and I had hoped that it could have ended with a Man Utd victory last night, but unfortunately the boys didn't turn up and disappointment followed...but at least I had a good night drinking and chatting with the lads...special mention to Nick The Stick for putting up with me shouting at the screen!

Over to you wife...


The Hairy, where else...?


Back to school....My awesome 'schoolbag'...
Well the wife isn't around, so no one to give me a kick up the hole...

Yep the European School, the old stomping ground...and the inevitable beautiful weather...

Happy, yet sad to be leaving a great bunch of lads behind...


Stephen, as requested, you're 5 minutes of fame...

Iwan, looking, well...

The boys on a night out...

Breakfast club at the Demnert's...

No comments:

Post a Comment