Saturday 12 May 2012

Boom!



Yep, you guessed it, I'm back in town! After a 4 week hiatus, the lion is back in his den... Strange old day though. The plane was meant to leave Brussels airport at 19:20, but after some delay we finally hit the sky (see what I did there..) by 20:00, a bit of a worry since I had my flight leaving to Singapore at 21:35 in Frankfurt> Upon landing about 20 of us were shuttled in a private bus to an underground passport control it seemed, hushed through in about 2 minutes and sent back on the same bus racing down the runway, waving our hands like mad clowns trying to get the plane to wait for us. Ok I made that last part up. But we were sent on the same bus back, where overheard a stewardess worryingly saying that the plane wouldn't wait for us... So in double speed another male steward said, 'follow me' in his delightful German accent...So follow him is what we did, looking like a race-walking championship flowing through Frankfurt airport...

And arrived we did, with 10 minutes to spare I might add. So after all of that drama I was pleasantly surprised to see the flight was only half booked, meaning yours truly got two whole seats to himself...although I had hoped for 4, but maybe that's just greedy.

I must say that it was one of the most pleasant flights I have ever taken, though it did take 12 hours. This was partly helped by the fact that I had 2 seats, but I must also commend the on board staff, then again what did you expect, it was Lufthansa... On a side note that should be there new slogan... 'Lufthansa, what did you expect'... Oh and before any smart asses out there try and steal this, it's just been trademarked ®. Boom, that just happened!


So enough about the great flight and back to the action. SO I hadn't heard from the wife in about 15 hours, so I wasn't sure if she would turn up to great me...but as ever she never disappoints! Standing there with a big  grin on her face and hopefully happy to see me and not just all of the things I had brought with me!


Back in town and it felt like I had never left. A functioning metro, warm weather, friendly people...ah bliss I tell you, bliss. After a sweaty metro ride and a nice little refreshing drink on the way home, the wife brought us back to OUR home... It only took us a half an hour and you know what happened next...


No you sick perverts, not that (though in all fairness I was hoping for it), but the wife said the inevitable words all men love to hate... 'Baby, wanna go to Ikea?'... Jesus, have barely had the time to wipe the sweat off my brow and off we were again. It wasn't all bad though, as I got what I wanted and so did the wife. A few things for the apartment and a great, and might I add classy, meal later and off we were again to our humble abode.


Day one complete.


The siglap, or road to our apartment from the metro

A few duderinho's playing some basketball in our back yard...to be continued.

Not the best picture, but still happy to see one another again.
The classy meal...yet oh so delish!
The wife, visibly delighted to see me again!
This way home please...




No comments:

Post a Comment