Wednesday 16 May 2012

Swing of things

Just getting into the swing of things again, so knowing that I will be leaving on Sunday is kind of a downer... But let us not linger on such thoughts...

The last couple of days have been quite busy and hectic, even if nothing too exciting has happened. Same old story, the wife is working and I am trying to study, whilst swooshing around the city meeting schools. But as I had mentioned to my better half last night, it feels natural being here and being around her. It is as if I had never really been away, which is a good sign I guess... it means we must still be getting on quite well.

Things are becoming a bit of a routine now and I see myself settling in quite well, so I will have no issues when I come back in mid-June hopefully...just a couple of more hoops to jump through to hopefully get my teacher's diploma...what a relief that will be.

As has been mentioned on this blog a few times already, food can be very expensive or cheap here, but the quality is always good. The other night we had the below dishes, all for about 8 euros ( and that is not per person, but together).

Fair enough, doesn't look the healthiest, but tasted oh-so-good

As well as that, we finally had the bikes delivered the other day...it is slowly coming all together. Still waiting on a few things in the apartment, but it is definitely livable...

The wife visibly delighted with her new toy...looks a little like Phoebe out of Friends, to her own admission 
Another picture, with the large tower out back where the metro is

Last but not least, it has become a bit of a routine for us to go for a dip in the pool at around 20:00 or 21:00 every night. It is just great after a long, sweaty day, to be able to have a quick shower (as that is a must before getting into the pool) and then jump into the pool for a 15 minute swim. And, and... the temperature is not only perfect on the outside, but the water temperature is as well... Ideal.

The wife doing a few laps in our 25 meter-long pool...oh and it has a jacuzzi corner and some other relaxing-shower thingy...well you will have to see it for yourselves... 

No comments:

Post a Comment